Thursday, April 22, 2010

HAPPY EARTH DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!

 Well today being Earth Day I decided to plant more lettuce and spinach.. I already have some coming up and will be eating in the next week or so..We are supposed to get some rain and I think it will really pop then.....
Just a few pictures, my wheelbarrow full of pansies and then I put all my left over onions in there..The pansies will be over soon and then my onions will have lots of room. We eat lots of onions..Whew!! I have lots more planted in my square foot garden which should last me for a bit.

Here is my lettuce spinach and onions, as you can see I have wire over them because we constantly fight GROUND HOGS.. They are soooooooo bad, I get so mad when they start eating my tomatoes, even before they are ripe.. We lots 50% of our tomatoes last year to them.This year I am trying pepper. Jerry Baker says try it..I went to Dollar General and bought some cheap pepper, nothing to good for those pigs..lol.. Here is more of my lettuce, as you notice I have put sweet gum balls around the plants, supposed to keep slugs out.. What else are those balls good for?? Hope everyone has a Green Earth Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by, I appreciate all your comments..